- Slovenia should immediately unblock the negotiating chapters;
- A panel of three wise men should be appointed to decide on the method of solving the dispute
- The panel would be appointed in the following way. Slovenia and Croatia should agree to nominate one person of undisputed credibility to the panel, who shall not be a citizen or resident of either Slovenia or Croatia. The two shall agree, by mutual consent about the third member;
- The panel of Three Wise Men should decide before which international court, tribunal, arbitration or other dispute solving mechanism should the dispute be brought;
- Slovenia and Croatia should commit to accept, legally and politically, the decision of both, Three Wise Men and of the tribunal of their choice.
Dec 21, 2008
Could this be a solution?
After having seen the direction in which the so-called "national interest" is heading, let me suggest an alternative way how to get out of the Slovenian-Croatian meta-dispute.